With all the extra dates I've had around the house these past few weeks I've been trying to find ways of creating yummy snacks with these super fruits. Dates are naturally sweet so they make a great healthier alternative for food sweetening and some of the benefits include digestive, skin, and cholesterol health to just name a few. This recent recipe was so easy it almost seems unreal. It can be altered to fit whatever taste you're desiring, and it's a great grab-and-go option for those busy days.
Pitted Medjool Dates (I used 5-10)
Stuffing of choice: I used crunchy peanut butter and caramel this time. I have also used toffee brittle which is delicious as well.
1/2 cup of chocolate chips (milk or dark)
1. Before preparing the dates begin by melting the chocolate. You can do this in the microwave or on low heat over a stove burner. When I melt the chocolate on the stove I always put a little water in the pot to prevent the chocolate from hardening to the bottom.
2. Cut the dates lengthwise down the middle.
3. Stuff the date with your choice of stuffing. This time I stuffed the date with crunchy peanut butter and caramel, creating a snickers taste when finished.
4. You can toast the date in the oven at 350 degrees for 5-10 minutes but I am usually fine skipping this step and the date still taste delicious. If you toast the dates before coating with chocolate be sure to let them cool before applying the chocolate coating.
5. Once the chocolate has melted, use a fork or toothpick to dip the stuffed date into the chocolate, completely covering the date. Set the covered date on a cooling plate and/or in the fridge to let the chocolate harden.
6. Enjoy your deliciously simple to create treat!
Share the love
Other Related Posts
aBOUT THE aUTHORS
We are Jo & Mo, The Best's! We have been immensely blessed with many opportunities to see various parts of the world. We live an average, working life in Cambridge, MA but through our many opportunities have developed a passion to experience the riches of the world. Our goal is to share with other desiring travelers different tips and experiences from around the globe as we begin to check them off our bucket list. If anything, we hope to provide a little sense of motivation and adventure to those wishing to embark on their own journey!
*All photos used in this post are the sole content of BestCaptured*