This recipe was slightly altered from JaysBakingMeCrazy
1/3 Cup Bacon Grease
6-7 Large Potatoes
1 Large Onion
5 Large Garlic Cloves
Salt (to taste)
7-8 Cups of Chicken Broth
1 1/2 Tsp Italian Seasoning
Pepper (to taste)
Italian Sausage (topping)
1. Mix the bacon grease in a large pot with the Potatoes, Onions, and Garlic. Add Salt (to taste as needed).
2. Cook on medium for about 10-15 minutes until Potatoes are tender.
3. Add the broth and seasonings - simmer for about 5 minutes
4. Cook the sausage in a skillet over heat until cooked through
5. Keep warm and serve with the sausage and seasonings (to taste)