Farmers Market Breakfast Casserole
The Best's have been very busy lately. I have been finishing out the first semester of school while Josh has returned back to work after our summer trip abroad. His load has been filled with time committing projects. So, when it comes to eating we have been relying on casseroles and quick fixes.
This Farmers Market Casserole was taken and altered a tad from twohealthykitchens.com. They have some great tips and healthy eating recipes. Check them out!
What you'll Need:
1 lb. Spicy Italian Sausage
1 1/2 cups diced sweet onion
8 oz. diced mushrooms
2 cloves minced garlic
2 cups shredded hash brown potatoes
2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1 cup diced green tomatoes
2-3 tomatoes (diced - 1 - 1 1/4 cups)
1/2 cups chopped green onions
1 3/4 cups milk
1 tsp salt
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp cajun seasoning
How to Make It:
1. Preheat Oven to 375°F.
2. In a large cast iron skillet over medium heat, cook the sausage, onions, mushrooms and garlic until sausage is crumbled and cooked all the way through.
3. Drain the liquid.
4. In a 9x3 oven friendly casserole dish layer the hash browns (still frozen is fine), sausage mix, 1 cup of cheese, green peppers, tomatoes and top it off with the green onions.
5. In a bowl combine the eggs, milk, salt, pepper and cajun seasoning. After mixed add the remaining cup of cheddar cheese. Mix and pour over the Ingredients already in the casserole dish.
6. Bake casserole for 60 minutes. Best cooked when edges are lightly brown.
7. Enjoy with fresh homemade biscuits or toast.
I am in no way affiliated with twohealthykitchens.com