Welcome to BestCaptured! A blog ran by an American couple (Mo and Jo) with a passion for the places and cultures that the world has to offer, and a gift for sharing it with others through journaling and photography.
How Our Travels Began
Almost three years ago now we set out on our first trip together from North Carolina to the New England Coast for four days of exploring the likes of Nantucket, Martha's Vineyard, and Boston. This inaugural trip (which also happened to be our honeymoon) was then followed by a three day visit to Washington DC for the Fourth of July, a five day road trip through the Blue Ridge Mountains of NC to Charleston, SC, a four day stent in New York City, and a seven day trek around Costa Rica all before our first anniversary. During this time several of our friends has approached us not only wanting to hear more of our travel stories, but also wanting to know HOW we made our pace of travelling so attainable. After some discussion and research we came up with the idea for a travel blog that encompasses both travel stories AND life planning to hopefully inspire and teach our readers how to make travel a reality in their own lives.
Why the Name BestCaptured
We chose the name BestCaptured because as a blog we aspire to capture the beauty and wonder of the world around us and share the best of those captures with our followers. It doesn't hurt that we are The Best's.
How to Travel Like a Pro (Without Quitting Your Job)
The web is full of travel sites with guides, tutorials, and suggestions on how to quit your job and travel the world indefinitely. This may sound great for some, but others of us prefer to mix the adventure of travel in with the familiarity and comfort of home whether that be because of friends, family, or career aspirations. BestCaptured falls into the latter of those categories. Here is a quick overlook at how we have learned to make travel a lifestyle without quitting our jobs and while building our long-term wealth
- Make Travel A Priority - The easiest way to keep travel from becoming a reality is to NOT have a plan.
- Get Organized - this one goes directly with number one but for most working americans our vacation time needs to be planned well in advance. for us we try to get together a general travel outline together at the beginning of every year whenever vacation time is renewed. we may not have our destinations narrowed down at this point yet but we know about when we will be going
- Go Destination "Shopping" - by this i mean look at your bucket list of places whether that be on pinterest or other blogs or look at other blogs and find at least 3 pheasible options for taking a trip
- Keep Your Eye on the Ball - this one is important for getting the most out of your travel experiences. dont plan more that one trip at a time as you do not want the anticipation of the "next" trip overshadowing the one that you are currently on
- Pack Your Bags, Unplug, and Enjoy - Last but not least, this is the part where you get to enjoy the benefits of travel
Check out our Travel Resources Page for our complete lineup of tips and strategies.
Another passion of ours that goes hand in hand with travel is photography. We love documenting the different aspects of the places we visit through photography because the age old adage of a picture is worth a thousand words has a lot of truth in it. You will find our photography work on display throughout the site through photo essays and photo intensive posts. Another way that we feature our photography is through our Capture of the Week posts.
Our Best Photography Posts
Travel is just a part of life and not the whole puzzle. Check out our most recent posts about the things outside of travel at our life blog here.
Our Best Life Posts
Wine and Dine Blog
If you like good food and wine then this is the section for you. Our Wine and Dine Blog features some of our favorite wines, recopies, and restaurants from around the world.